Process Manager/Network Monitor
Open Start menu, RegRun Security Suite, Process Manager.
A Process Manager window has two pages:
· The First page, "Process list," is used to show all running processes on the computer.
You are able to see full information about each process and all DLL used.
This information includes: parent process name (only for Windows NT4/2000/XP), descrition, list of used DLLs.
· On the other page, you can view all DLL loaded on your computer and all processes that use these DLLs.
Click the right mouse button on an item and you will see a popup menu.
You can get a process' property window by pressing CTRL+ENTER.
Process manager allows you to kill any process excluding Windows core services.
Be careful! You can kill the LSASS.EXE, SVCHOST.EXE and other non-system processes. This is not fatal but you must restart your computer after that.
Click on the "Kill Process" button.
Process Manager can kill the processes that you could not end with Task Manager (using debug priviledge). We suggest you to use Process Manager to end a process.
1. Use Refresh button to renew information.
2. Set the refresh interval in seconds and click on the Start button to begin auto-refreshing information.
Network Connections Monitor works with Windows XP/2003 only.
Click on the "Network Activity" tab.
You can see the list of the processes that use network.
This is the simple way to detect a new worms or Trojans.
You can kill a process using "Kill Process" funtion.
1) Process name.
2) Protocol (TCP/IP or UDP).
3) Local IP address.
4) Local port.
5) Remote IP address.
If you want to get domain name for this IP address, right click on this item and choose "IP to Host Name" command.
6) Remote Port.
7) Connection State.